Word-of-Mouth Marketing Statistics
Why Online Reviews Matter…
- More than 80% of all purchases for goods and services start with a search on the internet, for both home and business (Neilsen Netratings 2006)
- Almost 2/3rds of all consumers read reviews on the internet. (Deloitte & Touche)
- 78% of people trust consumer recommendations above ALL other types of advertising and marketing. (Nielsen Global Online Consumer Survey, 2009)
- People that read reviews are 30% more likely to purchase. (Coremetrics, 2007)
- In the US, each star rating increase an independent (non-chain) restaurant has results in a 5-9% increase in revenue (Harvard Business School, Nov 2010)
REVIEWS = TRUST and TRUST = SALES
No wonder that online reviews are fast becoming a central part of business’ marketing efforts.
If your business is not leveraging online reviews, check out the results these Australian businesses are getting using customer reviews to get their businesses to stand out online and attract LOTS of new customers.